My Kryptonite

Hi my name is Brandy and my fiance is Donald Fitzgerald. As most of you know Donald has been dubbed "Superman" and for good reason. Donald was diagnosed with ALL (leukemia) when he was 13 years old and relapsed when he was 18. He was cured of this cancer and has gone almost 13 years cancer free. During this time, he has undergone 2 hip replacements and a partial shoulder replacement due to the high doses of steroids he had to take. Then, on March 24th 2011, 3 months after his 32nd birthday, we got the devastating news that the cancer had come back. We are now at UMC about to undergo the long process of Chemo once again. He will have to stay in the hospital for a minimum of 30 days for the initial treatment. He is strong and will beat this once again but we need everyone's prayers. God is in control and there is nothing out of his hands. As someone posted once on facebook "The deals not done until God's done dealing".

Thursday, May 5, 2011

God is in control!

Donald has not had a very good day today. His nerves are starting to get the best of him. He was feeling nauseated earlier but took some medication and is now resting. He is worried about the treatment and fears the worst. I told him God is in control and will get him through this. I can't blame him for being worried and I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I have my moments but I just turn my eyes to God and know everything is going to be okay. No matter what happens, it will all be okay. God is going to take care of him. Worrying doesn't do any good. Satan wants us to be fearful but God tells us we have nothing to fear. I am so blessed to be a child of God because I don't think I could handle this if I didn't have a relationship with the Lord. He is my Rock and he helps me to stay strong for Donald. I know Satan uses times like these to push us away from God but I find comfort in the Lord and it only draws me closer to him. I pray Donald can keep his strength up and turn to God when he has fear and doubt. It is difficult for him at this time but there are better days ahead. He has a lot to live for and I know he can pull through. He hasn't come this far to throw in the towel.

Please continue to pray for Donald. He really needs your prayers now more than ever.

1 comment:

  1. Donald has been given the grace to suffer to a degree where I know others would have simply collapsed and given in. There is such a great temptation to give into doubt, worry and anxiety. Yet we are told that when we are at our weakest, Christ is ever more so present. Let all of us remain steadfast in our prayers for Donald and for you Brandy. Let us pray that the second form of treatment brings the cancer to its knees.

    Thy will O Lord be done, not ours, despite how very difficult that may be, especially now with thy servants Donald and Brandy and their families.

    ReplyDelete