My Kryptonite

Hi my name is Brandy and my fiance is Donald Fitzgerald. As most of you know Donald has been dubbed "Superman" and for good reason. Donald was diagnosed with ALL (leukemia) when he was 13 years old and relapsed when he was 18. He was cured of this cancer and has gone almost 13 years cancer free. During this time, he has undergone 2 hip replacements and a partial shoulder replacement due to the high doses of steroids he had to take. Then, on March 24th 2011, 3 months after his 32nd birthday, we got the devastating news that the cancer had come back. We are now at UMC about to undergo the long process of Chemo once again. He will have to stay in the hospital for a minimum of 30 days for the initial treatment. He is strong and will beat this once again but we need everyone's prayers. God is in control and there is nothing out of his hands. As someone posted once on facebook "The deals not done until God's done dealing".

Monday, April 11, 2011

An even better day

Donald has had a very good day today. He slept most of the night last night and didn't get up until 10 this morning. He is well rested (as rested as he can be anyway). His labs look good today and he hasn't had to have any blood or platelets. It has been kind of a lazy day today. He will get more Chemo in the morning. He is almost done with the first protocol and then we will be working on getting out of here and going home for a little while.

1 comment:

  1. I am so Happy to hear about ALL this good news!! Prayers do work! Keep those positive thoughts going. As far as being stir crazy, I wish! I never get to be home for long, always going to the store, church, work... I got good news too! I got a job at HP!! I am really excited, and get to start May 2. I wish we had time to get down and visit, but I am having to push to get work transfered over. Keep looking for pics on Lizzy's facebook cuz she is always taking some. WE LOVE YOU GUYS! Tell Donald we are praying he gets home soon so we can go camping!! (Even if it's in the back yard we don't care! All them critters chirping and making racket all night, keeps a girl up...) Take care! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete