My Kryptonite

Hi my name is Brandy and my fiance is Donald Fitzgerald. As most of you know Donald has been dubbed "Superman" and for good reason. Donald was diagnosed with ALL (leukemia) when he was 13 years old and relapsed when he was 18. He was cured of this cancer and has gone almost 13 years cancer free. During this time, he has undergone 2 hip replacements and a partial shoulder replacement due to the high doses of steroids he had to take. Then, on March 24th 2011, 3 months after his 32nd birthday, we got the devastating news that the cancer had come back. We are now at UMC about to undergo the long process of Chemo once again. He will have to stay in the hospital for a minimum of 30 days for the initial treatment. He is strong and will beat this once again but we need everyone's prayers. God is in control and there is nothing out of his hands. As someone posted once on facebook "The deals not done until God's done dealing".

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

In a Better Place

Donald lost his battle with cancer today. He was ready to go home and be with the Lord. He is free from pain and suffering. He fought a good fight and we will one day see him again in Heaven. He will watch over us and he will always be in our hearts. He had the brightest smile and was the most wonderful person I have ever met. I could never find another to love me as much as he did. He will be dearly missed. Thank you Lord for the time you gave us. We are not promised tomorrow and soon we all will be coming home to join him. I Love You Donald. You will be with me always!!!!!

I will post the funeral arrangements when we get everything together. Thank you all for your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I have lost a brother and a friend. Donald in the time I have known him, has been the one guy I knew that could deal with any problem. I am only fortunate enough to be his brother in law, yet I feel as though I've lost my very own brother. I can not imagine what it's like to stand in Don or Pat's shoes right now. Brandy you have fought side by side with Donald, if you know that or not. I do not think he would have kept going this long without your constant support and love.
    This is the bitter sweet ending of an ongoing battle for Donald. Donald has fought long and hard with the physical and mental strains placed on him from the multiple fights with leukemia. At the same time he is finally rested and at peace.
    I look forward to rescuing owls with you in heaven one day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please contact me with funeral arrangements 7696109801. I am so sorry to hear about donald, we grew up together.

    ReplyDelete