My Kryptonite

Hi my name is Brandy and my fiance is Donald Fitzgerald. As most of you know Donald has been dubbed "Superman" and for good reason. Donald was diagnosed with ALL (leukemia) when he was 13 years old and relapsed when he was 18. He was cured of this cancer and has gone almost 13 years cancer free. During this time, he has undergone 2 hip replacements and a partial shoulder replacement due to the high doses of steroids he had to take. Then, on March 24th 2011, 3 months after his 32nd birthday, we got the devastating news that the cancer had come back. We are now at UMC about to undergo the long process of Chemo once again. He will have to stay in the hospital for a minimum of 30 days for the initial treatment. He is strong and will beat this once again but we need everyone's prayers. God is in control and there is nothing out of his hands. As someone posted once on facebook "The deals not done until God's done dealing".

Sunday, June 19, 2011

More Blood and Platelets

Donald was able to sleep again last night and didn't actually wake up until about lunch today. He is doing okay. He is spiking fevers again for some reason and the doctor says it will take some time for the new antibiotic to start working. He is getting his platelets right now and will then get 2 units of blood when they finish. He feels kinda crummy but it's probably due to low platelets and blood. Once they get some "go go juice", as he calls it, pumped into him he should feel much better. If we could just get his jaw to stop hurting he would be great. He will be getting his final round of Chemo in the morning and then we wait. Praying he is in remission and will get to go home soon to rest.

1 comment:

  1. Well I am very glad you are getting some much needed rest my little bro. I so wish I could be with you every day up there. I miss ya so much. I have been sneezing and feeling like i'm getting one of those summer colds so I sure don't want to take any chances with getting you sick. I would never forgive myself.
    Oh and I did vote on your pole Brandy but I have to say it's a little creepy for his sister to be saying her brother's anything, is sexy!! Ha but you had to know I would vote on the long hair one Donald. I mean look at my past choices in men. Most had long hair. Even Luke had long hair at the same time you did. Boy that would throw some people off. Nothing like having some older lady walk up to us and say "well hey Noelle and Donald how have ya'll been doing? How's your parents?" Yeah that's always great. I just laughed tho. I don't know if Luke found it that funny. Oh well, he got over it! He would just turn to me and say "uh Noelle what does that say about you!" Ha! And of course I would say "well that just means you are lucky to have me that's all hon." Anyway, there are so many things I want for all of us to do together, with our two kids and yall's two kids, and mom and dad. Just want to go on a simple little pic nic or just all watch a really funny movie together or sit around and watch all the home movies I've been taking for the past two years straight. I have gotten so many awesome things on camera. It's worth having a pocket cam corder that's for sure. I don't think that's too much to ask do you? We will just pray to the good Lord that he grants that wish for us. I love you so very much Donald and want to see you so badly. Just keep on keepin' on, and you will be out of there before you know it. And Brandy you are truly an angel sent from the good Lord himself. He saved you for the perfect moment in Donald's life. You are a life saver to more then just Donald, believe me!! Also i miss Christopher and Jordan too. Need them to come stay with me again. Well it's pretty late and I'm only typing this so late because Sarah just went to bed like 30 min. ago. She wasn't feeling good and she's teething really bad. Been trying to get her to go to sleep since 8. It's been mass chaos today. Love yall and hope everyone can rest tonight. Oh and happy (step-on) daddy day! That is what Amber used to call Luke...her step-on daddy! ha!love yall......good nite.

    ReplyDelete